An anonymous donor has pledged to make an extremely generous $100,000.00 donation BUT we need to raise funds to match it.
HOW WE USE DONATIONS:
Un donador anónimo ha jurado hacer una extremadamente generosa donación de $100,000.00 USD.
We need to fundraise $100,000.00 to receive this extraordinarily generous donation.
We CAN do this with your help!
1000 $5 donations = $5,000
1000 $10 donations = $10,000
1000 $20 donations = $20,000
1000 $50 donations = $50,000
We're ALMOST there!
With even larger gifts we will definitely meet our goal!
Necesitamos recaudar $100,000.00 USD para recibir esta generosa donación.
¡Podemos lograrlo con su ayuda!
1000 donaciones de $5 = $5,000
1000 donaciones de $10 = $10,000
1000 donaciones de $20 = $20,000
1000 donaciones de $50 = $50,000
¡Ya casi lo logramos!
Con regalos más grandes sin duda llegaremos a la meta
We have partnered with Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa to provide an Unlimited-Luxury® all inclusive vacation to one randomly chosen subscriber to our blog at the end of our $100,000.00 Match Campaign for a 4 night stay at Dreams Riviera Canucn Resort & Spa!
*The lucky subscriber will be notified via email within 48 hours of the end of the campaign.
¡Nos asociamos con Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa para otorgar unas vacaciones Unlimited-Luxury® todo incluido a un suscriptor escogido aleatoriamente cuando alcancemos nuestra meta de $100,000.00 para una estancia de 4 noches en dicho hotel!
*El afortunado suscriptor será notificado por correo electrónico dentro de las 48 horas siguientes al final de la campaña
For a chance to stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa
Set along a natural white-sand beach in the Riviera Maya, surrounded by lush tropical gardens and the crystal-clear Caribbean, Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa is a luxurious oasis for couples and couples with children. Ideally located close to the excitement of Cancun and Playa del Carmen, this AAA Four Diamond resort is an enchanting wonderland of glistening pools and impressive ocean views with unique octagonal-shaped rooms and suites. Most ground floor suites offer private plunge pools. This family-friendly resort offers a heated kids pool and a Mayan-themed Explorer’s Club that features a planetarium and Chichen Itza climbing wall.
Go far beyond the all-inclusive experience with Unlimited-Luxury®, where nearly everything is included.
Enclavado en una playa natural de blanca arena en la Riviera Maya, rodeado por exuberantes jardines tropicales y el cristalino Caribe, Dreams Riviera Cancún Resort & Spa es un oasis de lujo para parejas y parejas con niños. Idealmente situado cerca de toda la emoción de Cancún y de Playa del Carmen, este resort reconocido con el AAA Four Diamond Award, es un encantador paraíso de piscinas brillantes e impresionantes vistas del mar, con habitaciones y suites con una exclusiva forma octagonal. La mayoría de las suites de planta baja ofrecen piscinas privadas. Este resort family-friendly ofrece piscinas infantiles climatizadas y el Explorer's Club con temática maya, que cuenta con un planetario y un muro para escalar en forma de la pirámide Chichén Itzá. Vaya más allá de la experiencia todo incluido con Unlimited-Luxury®, donde casi todo está incluido.
What has become Immigrant Families Together started on June 25, 2018, when I launched the first GoFundMe campaign for Yeni, after hearing her lawyer, José Orochena, speak on our local NPR affiliate the week before. In an interview with the station, Orochena said that Yeni could complete her immigration proceedings in New York and be with reunified with her kids... she just needed to be able to post bond and get from Arizona, where she was in the Eloy Detention Center, to NYC, and, of course, to be able to care for herself and her kids while she awaited immigration proceedings. As you can imagine, that is no small feat, not only because this is such an expensive city, but because the folks coming out of ICE detention are not allowed to pursue work authorization for at least five months, and if caught working under the table, put their claims for asylum or other legal relief at serious risk.
In the two months since then, we have raised nearly 3/4 of a million dollars. That money has been used to bond out 27 women and 2 men from ICE detention facilities in five states, and then transport them to their families and provide ongoing support in the post-reunification process. That support takes varied forms based on each family's specific needs, but often includes a pro bono legal referral (or low bono referral that we fund), medical and dental care, mental health and social work services, housing, getting kids enrolled in school, providing essentials, such as clothing and food, and community/social support. In many cases, this support ends up being cross-national in nature; the families here have left behind extended families and other children of their own, and often have done so leaving the families in debt or with other serious problems. Many of the families here remain deeply stressed about the difficulties their families are going through at home, and feel pressured to send remittances to pay back debts and/or provide basic support to their families.
In addition, right around the July 26 reunification deadline, we began triaging families coming out of detention. They were streaming through Texas bus stations, most with only the clothes on their backs. Our on-the-ground volunteers saw parents and children with dehydration, GI distress, colds and fevers, strep throat, and other illnesses or injuries, some of which were severe. When they were willing to share contact information and destinations, we worked to get pro-bono medical services for them at their destination or en route, and have also ended up providing many of the same continuing care services and supports as the other families.
Every day brings opportunities to collaborate with other organizations and individuals doing this work, and we have provided cash and in-kind assistance of all types to the Angry Abuelas and Tías, Brethren, the South Texas Pro Bono Asylum Representation Project, and the Association for the Assistance of Refugees in Missouri.
Our work now spans well over a dozen states, and we have received some celebrity and foundation support to continue and expand our efforts.
The needs are substantial and they aren't abating, so every donation to our general fund is enormously helpful (none of us draws a salary; literally every penny goes to the families), and, of course, so are the partnerships and pro bono services, such as those provided by Tribeca Pediatrics and Miles4Migrants.
Finally, we are now working on a number of legislative initiatives
Julie Schwietert Collazo
This promotion is in no way affiliated with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, GoFund Me or any social media channel. Resort certificate is valid for land only, (air and ground transportation is not included) black out dates, subject to hotel availability per the additional terms below. Void where prohibited.
This GIVEAWAY is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social media or crowdsourcing company.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By entering this GIVEAWAY, you as the entrant agree to abide by all terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and binding.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the United States and District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. Void in Puerto Rico. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Giveaway Entry: Subscribe to our blog prior to the end of our $100,000 Match Campaign on/about September 7, 2018 .
By submitting as a subscriber to our blog Subscription Entry you are signifying that you have read, understand and agree to these Official Rules.
Limit one entry per person. Any person who attempts to participate with entries in excess of these entry limitations will be disqualified. Winner will need to consent to giveaway rules to accept the prize. Any other attempted form of giveaway entry is void. Any person who attempts to participate under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter in excess of this entry limitation will be disqualified; use of programmed, automated or like means of entry is prohibited. Use of multiple physical or email addresses by the same person or by the same individual to enter is prohibited and such multiple entries shall be voided. Incomplete information may result in disqualification of entry. All decisions of Immigrant Families Together are final. No entries may be effected on behalf of someone else.
3. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The GIVEAWAY begins on or about Sunday August 26, 2018 at 11:59 pm Central Time (“CT ”) through the end of our $100,000 Match Campaign on/about September7, 2018. (“GIVEWAY Period”).
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning. All eligible entries carry an equal chance of winning.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor or a representative of Sponsor shall contact Potential Winner via email at the end of our $100,000 Match Campaign on or about Friday, September 7, 2018. Potential Winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release prior to receiving the prize. Potential Winner may be required to present proof of identification prior to claiming prize. Acceptance of any prize shall require acceptance of the terms of these Official Rules and shall grant Sponsor the right to use Winner’s first name, last name and city and state of residence for any publicity associated with this
6. GIVEAWAY DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted by Immigrant Families Together at the end of our $100, 000 Match Campaign on or about Friday, September 7, 2018. Sponsor may delay a drawing in its discretion.
PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a 4 night stay at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa provided by AMResorts.
If a Winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize, he/she will be disqualified and the prize forfeited; in such event, an alternate Winner shall be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received. Prizes cannot be substituted or transferred by Winner. If a prize must be forfeited, Winner will not be able to exchange the prize for its cash value. Prize Winners are solely responsible for all expenses not expressly included. All taxes are the responsibility of the Winner. The Winner is subject to any and terms and conditions of AMResorts, the donor of the prize.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited by law, by entering this GIVEAWAY, entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, its owners, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, representatives, affiliates and agents, and their successors and assigns (“Released Parties”), from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Giveaway or acceptance or use of any prize won. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
8. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS: Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, any changes or unavailability of the website or any combination thereof, inability to access websites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this Sweepstakes or any other problem or error that may occur, or for late, lost, inaccurate, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, or illegible entries.
9. RIGHT TO CANCEL
GIVEAWAY: Sponsor may, at any time and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and in Sponsor’s sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Giveaway. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who attempts to interfere or tamper with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
10. DISPUTES: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, the Rules, the prize or the determination of the Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway (if any), but in no event shall any party be entitled to attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and (4) entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. If you live in a jurisdictions that does not allow limitations or exclusion of liability for punitive, incidental or consequential damages, then the above limitations may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the
giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for its conflicts of law principles.
11. MISCELLANEOUS: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the document or any provision hereof.
This 4 night stay for 2 adults and 2 children is being donated by AMResorts at Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa with no affiliation with Immigrant Families Together. The stay being tendered is at the sole discretion of Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa alone, with no affiliation with or association with any other companies, organizations or brands. The recipient is selected at the sole discretion of Immigrant Families Together, all selections are final. The stay may not be exchanged for cash value, is non-transferable, expires September 1, 2019 and Immigrant Families Together must be released from all liability upon receipt of the certificate.
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa:
Provided that you are verified as the recipient, your certificate will be a four night hotel only stay at Dreams Riviera including resort taxes. Airfare, airfare tax and transportation are not included. Accommodations are for two adults and 2 children ( 12 and under) in the lead in room category. Recipient can choose to upgrade to a higher room category upon check in, at an additional cost. Recipient can also bring additional guests for additional charge. Black out dates include, but are not limited to, Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas, New Years and Presidents Day. Stay is valid for one year from the date of drawing and is based on availability. You must make a reservation to guarantee space as availability changes daily. Reservations must be made a minimum of 120 days prior to arrival for travel January-April and 30 days prior to travel for May-December. Reservations are subject to complimentary allotment and may not be available even if rooms are available on the brand specific website or through another travel provider. Certificate is non-transferable, holds no cash value and cannot be extended. Ground transportation, room charges incurred, spa treatments, telephone calls, incidentals and all other additional expenses are not included. Travel must be completed by September 1, 2019. The resort will attempt to accommodate winner’s preferred itinerary, but all specifics thereof will be at the Sponsor’s sole discretion